APEX Universities Programme
Excell3’s Apex Universities Programme aims to support underrepresented groups of students to access Britain’s top Universities.
About the programme: The programme runs over four years starting with students in Year 10 and seeks to stimulate confidence and the requisite knowledge and skills to make successful applications to the nation’s top universities.
The programme seeks to:
- Raise students’ aspirations, confidence and resilience to successfully apply and graduate from top universities.
- Provide academic master classes to help drive-up student’s attainment levels thereby improving their chances of securing a place at the nation’s top universities i.e. Russell Group Universities.
- Provide information, advice and guidance on practical aspects of the application process (e.g. The Admissions Process).
- Empower parents to support their child through the Higher Education process.
In conjunction with university staff and education professionals the Apex programme will deliver specialised workshops on everything from “The Admissions Process” to “The University Selection Interview”. The events are hosted at the nation’s top universities including Oxford and Cambridge.
The Apex programme also provides an accredited qualification through completion of “Overcoming Barriers to Education” course. There is also a parent’s version of the programme for which parents can also receive accreditation. The parent’s edition provides advice and strategies for supporting one’s child through to graduation. Previous Master Class workshops have been delivered by Professor Chris Imafidon (GCSE Maths) world renowned educator and adviser to Governments and major corporations. Prior to this, we held a similar session at the University of Cambridge with English exam specialists to prepare students taking the GCSE English Paper.
We are now recruiting Year 10 students for our new 2014 programme. There is no charge for the programme although students are expected to make their own way to venues and bring a packed lunch.
Who Can Apply?
With the support of their school and parents:
- Students in year 10 who are on track or have the ability to achieve A’s and A* in their GCSE Exams.
- Those excelling in their school performance, but who are at risk of under-achieving.
The 2014 application deadline is Wednesday, June 4th.
A copy of our APEX Universities Programme application form may be downloaded. For further information feel free to contact us at email@example.com